Communications/ Marketing and Fund Development Internship
Our mission is to invest in women and girls through research, advocacy, grant-making, and strategic partnerships to achieve gender equity through systemic change.
We envision a community, nation, and world free of gender bias and where social justice exists for all.
Position: The Women’s Fund of Rhode Island seeks a marketing/ communications and fund development intern. Ideal candidates will demonstrate collaborative ability, creativity, self-direction, and excellent written communication skills. Experience with social media, research, writing, data, and administrative duties preferred. An interest in gender equity or women’s studies is a must.
- Support the work of the Development Officer with securing and tracking donations, engaging social media audiences for events, managing data, and providing general operation duties
- Act as an organizational representative in all outbound communications
- Maintain organized records and meeting notes for committee meetings and events ? Manage templates for bi-weekly newsletters.
- Assist with occasional evening virtual events on zoom
- Draft blog posts and external communications as needed
- Implement content on social media platforms via Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Provide research on various topics as needed
- Self-directed, organized, and detail orientated; can work independently (and virtually) with guidance from the staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with women’s studies and gender equity issues required
- Writing, design, or video editing experience a plus
Hours: 15-35 hours per week, Monday-Friday; the schedule is flexible. Occasional evening work is required. May-August
Compensation: The Summer internship is unpaid. We can offer assistance in filling out forms for your college that may offer a stipend or credit. We offer hands-on learning in a collaborative, collegial environment.
To Apply Email cover letter and resume and two reference names/ contact information to Ellie Brown email@example.com by March 30. Priority is given to early applicants.